- EF-S Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 28.8-216mm (35mm Equivalent)
- One UD Element & One Aspherical Element
- NANO USM Autofocus System
- Image Stabilizer and Dynamic IS
- Compatible with PZ-E1 Power Zoom Adapter
A versatile zoom optimized for both stills and video, the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM from Canon is a 28.8-216mm equivalent lens designed for APS-C-format DSLRs. Incorporating NANO USM technology, this lens is characterized by its combination of a fast, stills-optimized ring-type Ultrasonic Motor and smooth, silent video-optimized Stepping Motor for all-around focusing performance to benefit multimedia image-makers. This dual-purpose AF motor also offers notably quicker performance throughout the zoom range for more responsive shooting from near to far. Additionally, also aiding both photo and movie recording, an Image Stabilizer system compensates for up to four stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting, and a Dynamic IS function specifically helps to reduce camera shake when recording video. The lens is also compatible with the optional PZ-E1 Power Zoom Adapter for more natural and controllable zooming performance. Updated to suit the increasing presence of video in a photographer’s workflow, this zoom is versatile in regard to both focus handling as well as with its wide-angle to telephoto reach.
In regard to the optical design, one Ultra-Low Dispersion element is featured, along with one PMo (precision molded) aspherical element, to reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range as well as limit spherical aberrations and distortions, for increased clarity and sharpness.
- A standard zoom designed for APS-C-format Canon DSLRs, this 18-135mm lens provides a 28.8-216mm equivalent focal length range that covers wide-angle to telephoto perspectives.
- The optical design incorporates one UD element and one aspherical element to minimize chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range for increased clarity.
- NANO USM system utilizes both a ring type USM and an STM mechanism to realize quick and accurate focusing that is also smooth and near-silent to suit both photography and video applications. This focusing system also affords full-time manual focus control when working in the one-shot AF mode.
- An Image Stabilizer compensates for up to four stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting and also features a Dynamic IS setting for smoother video results.
- The exterior of the lens features a smooth satin finish, metal lens mount, dedicated focus mode and Image Stabilizer switches, and a black ring that clearly separates the zoom and focus rings for intuitive handling and an aesthetic appearance.
- The optional PZ-E1 Power Zoom Adapter can be used for smoother, more natural and silent zooming control when recording video.