Latest Price: MYR 1640
Mount: Canon EF-S
Tagged: Telephoto, Portrait, Macro
- For APS-C Type Canon SLRs
- Not for Full Frame DSLRS or Film Cameras
- Medium Telephoto Macro Specialist
- Flat-Field Focusing w/ Circular Aperture
- Also Good Portraiture Lens
- 1:1 Maximum Magnification
- Inner Focusing w/ Floating Elements
- Fast Ring-USM Autofocus
- Full-Time Manual Focus Override
- Canon Super Spectra Lens Coatings
A thoroughly modern design that’s optimized for select Canon EOS digital SLRs. Its angle of view is equivalent to a 96mm lens on a 35mm camera, with a floating optical system that can focus down to full life-size (1:1) magnification. Inner focusing, driven by a silent and powerful ring-type USM, means the lens’ overall length never changes during focus. This lens is a wonderful multi-purpose lens that’s equally at home shooting macro shots, portraits or available-light photos.
- A macro specialist short telephoto lens for APS-C type, EF-S compatible Canon SLR cameras but is not for cameras with full size sensors. This lens is compatible with EF-S series, made specifically for “APS-C” format Canon EOS DSLRs – including all cameras in the EOS Digital Rebel series, and the 20D/30D/40D/50D/60D and 7D.
- Canon’s best fast ring-type USM autofocus with full-time manual override.
- True flat-field macro lens that focuses to full 1:1 life-size magnification.
- Fill camera’s frame with subjects the size of a penny.
- Canon’s shortest focal length macro lens ever with fully internal, focusing and a minimum focus distance of 7.8″ (20cm).
- Accepts both MR-14EX Macro Ring Lite and MT-24EX Macro Twin Lite.
- Circular aperture diaphragm for natural highlights, even when stopped down to f/5.6.
- Optimized for digital SLRs: special coatings to minimize reflections and flare.
The Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM macro delivers an almost flawless performance. The lens is capable to provide very sharp border-to-border results with minimal distortions and low CAs. The bokeh (out-of-focus blurr) is decent.
The positive points of the EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM are:
- Excellent autofocus. Both quick and quiet.
- Good control of distortions and CA. Good contrast.
- Good wide open performance and stops to f/32
- Ideal focal length for portrait work (on cameras it is designed for)
The negative points are:
- Resolution slightly disappointing for a modern lens (although adequate for job)
- No lens hood supplied.
- Restrictive mount.
Autofocus shows its technologically modern performance – it is fast, quiet and accurate.
Optically, the Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Lens performs very well. It is very sharp wide open.