- Fast f/1.8 Compact FX-Format Prime Lens
- Beautiful Background Blur (Bokeh)
- Superior Color Consistency
- Reduce Lens Flare and Ghosting
- Effective Aberration Correction
- Fast, Accurate and Quiet Autofocus
- Quick Switching from AF to MF
- Compatible With DX Format
This updated classic with a fast maximum aperture is ideal for everyday shooting, perfect in low lighting situations and great for producing images with beautiful background blur (Bokeh). The AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G includes Silent Wave Motor technology (SWM) for fast and precise autofocus, M/A Focus Mode Switch for seamless changes between manual and autofocus operation and an aspherical lens element for outstanding optical performance with high contrast.
This product is expected to be released to the market on June 2011. Therefore, there’s no pricing or sample photos available yet from the public. You can check out the sample photos released by Nikon at its official page.