Latest Price: MYR 1250
Mount: Nikon FX, Canon EF, Four Third, Sony A-mount, Pentax K-mount
Optical construction is based on 14 elements in 12 groups. 2 ED low dispertion lenses, one hybrid aspherical and one glass aspherical which combine to minimize distortion and chromatic aberrations. Advanced lens optical construction allows to deliver razor sharp images even in corners. Samyang 14mm f2.8 works perfectly even with latest high resolution full frame sensors. The lens is optically corrected what is especially useful in architecture and landscape photography. 114° angle of view gives an extraordinary possibilities in creating pictures.
In a market dominated by zoom lenses, it’s certainly refreshing to see Samyang offering a new alternative,high quality and moderate price prime lenses.
- Two ED lenses , one hybrid aspherical and one glass aspherical
- High quality anti reflecting layers
- Field of view: for 35mm is 114 degrees, for APS-C – 92.5 degrees (Canon-89 degrees)
- Minimal focusing distance: 0.28m
- Samyang 14mm f2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical will be provided for main systems like Canon, Nikon,Sony, Pentax with bayonete mounting.
- This parameters and high quality build materials assure that pictures taken with this lens
- decent build quality,
- very good image quality at the center of the frame,
- good image quality at the edge of an APS-C/DX sensor,
- very slight chromatic aberration, even on a full frame,
- slight coma,
- vignetting on a small sensor well-corrected,
- good price/quality ratio.
- mediocre image quality at the edge of a full frame,
- complicated distortion at the edge of a full frame,
- dreadful working against the bright light,
- large vignetting on a full frame,
- filter use impossible.
- Comparisons between Samyang 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC, Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II, Nikon 14mm f/2.8D ED and Sigma 14mm f/2.8 EX Asp. HSM