- Designed for use with full frame digital SLR cameras.
- Produces striking images with exaggerated perspective of near subjects & extreme barrel distortion of the surrounding areas
- Super Multi-Layer lens coating reduces flare & ghosting & assures high image quality throughout the entire zoom range
- The minimum focusing distance of 5.9 inches & a magnification ratio of 1 to 3.8 allows subjects to be as close as ¾ of an inch from the lens’ front element.
- Supplied with a gelatin filter holder at the rear for easy addition of color correction filters
The Sigma 15mm f/2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye is a full-frame fisheye auto focus lens that fills the entire 35mm negative with a full 180 degree diagonal field of view. This unique lens enables you to create a variety of unusual compositions even when shooting ordinary subjects.
The improved DG lens coating reduces flare and ghosting, which is a common problem of digital cameras, and also creates an optimum color balance.
Since most Digital SLR cameras use a smaller image sensor size (APS-C) than 35mm film cameras, 180 degree angle-of-view can not be obtained with Digital SLR cameras. With those cameras only the center part of the frame is used, therefore, peripheral distortion will be very small.
The super wide angle of this lens makes it ideal for use with digital SLR cameras, providing a focal view of approximately 23mm.