- K Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Three Aspherical & Three ED Elements
- Anomalous Dispersion Aspherical Element
- HD Lens Coating
- Supersonic Direct-Drive Autofocus Motor
- Quick-Shift Focus, Zoom Lock Lever
- Weather-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
A fast, standard zoom featuring a sophisticated optical design, the HD Pentax-D FA 24-70mm f/2.8ED SDM WR Lens from Pentax is designed for use on full-frame K mount DSLRs, as well as APS-C cameras where it provides a 36-105mm equivalent focal length range. The constant f/2.8 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and pairs with a rounded nine-blade diaphragm to produce smooth shallow depth of field imagery. The lens’ design incorporates a trio of extra-low dispersion elements, three aspherical elements, and one anomalous dispersion aspherical element to control a variety of aberrations and distortions in order to produce well-corrected images with notable sharpness and even illumination. An HD coating has also been applied to further benefit working in difficult lighting conditions by suppressing lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color neutrality.
Complementing the optical performance of the lens is a Supersonic Direct-drive Motor, which offers fast, quiet, and quick autofocus performance that is ideal for both stills and video shooting. A weather-resistant construction is also featured, for working in harsh environments, and a Quick-Shift Focus System and zoom lock lever offer intuitive handling and control.
- Standard 24-70mm zoom lens is designed for Pentax K mount full-frame DSLRs/SLRs and is also compatible with APS-C models where it will provide a 36-105mm equivalent focal length range.
- Fast f/2.8 constant maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range, benefits working in difficult lighting conditions, and offers greater control over focus position for shallow depth of field applications.
- A 17 elements in 12 groups design features three extra-low dispersion elements, three aspherical elements, and one anomalous dispersion glass-molded aspherical element. This combination helps to substantially reduce chromatic aberrations and various distortions throughout the zoom range and also offers enhanced sharpness, clarity, and edge-to-edge illumination throughout the aperture range.
- An HD coating has been applied to lens elements to minimize flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color neutrality when working in harsh, backlit lighting conditions.
- A Supersonic Direct-drive Motor (SDM) benefits autofocus operation with smooth, quiet, and accurate performance to support both stills and video applications.
- A weather-resistant construction incorporates five weather seals to protect against moisture for working in inclement conditions.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- Quick-Shift Focus System lets you manually control focus at any time, even when working in AF mode, by simply rotating the focus ring.
- A zoom lock lever prevents the lens from extending under its own weight when carrying.